Race 2 Stanford
Date: 18 Nov
Event: Race 2 Stanford (from Hermanus 2 Stanford)
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/855797807904492??ti=ia
Enter here: https://r2s2017.myactive.co.za/CaptureDetails/Registration.aspx
Details: The Route
Swim 1.9km: Sea swim with start & finish at Hermanus Harbour
Cycle 90km : One lap cycle from Hermanus to Stanford via Caledon…over Shaws Pass
Run 21.1km : 3 loop trail & tar run in and around the historic Stanford Village
Date: 18 November 2017
Start Venue: Hermanus Harbour
Finish Venue: Stanford Village Park
Bike Rack: 6:30-8:00am
Race Start – 8:30am
Formats: Individual & Team (3) entries
Registrations: Wednesday 15 November 2017 – in Cape Town
Friday 17 November 2017 – 3:00pm to 8:00pm at Birkenhead Brewery in Stanford
Race Briefings: Wednesday 15 November 2017 – in Cape Town
Individual R1750 (including race gift & more)
Team R2790 (race gift plus team specific swim cap, cycling top & run top)
Individual R1950 (including race gift & more)
Team R2940 (race gift plus team specific swim cap, cycling top & run top)
Special Warmwater Package: Early entries qualify for non-transferable guaranteed early bird entry option to Warmwater Weekend.
Thank you to everyone who have contacted us in the last few weeks about this new Ultra Distance Triathlon where we will race from Hermanus New Harbour to Stanford.
Here a brief update on the Race2Stanford.
- The Swim Route: I visited the Hermanus New Harbour last Friday. The Harbour Master had a meeting with every role player, and our race is on the map! Where ever I went, everyone knew of our race.
- Bike Route: I packed my bike and cycled the Hemel and Aarde bike route just past Creation. It is truly a SPECTACULAR route. Beautiful climbs, great down hills, and a good road surface. But, before we send the athletes to Hemel and Aarde, we will first have a mini cycle-tour through Hermanus towards the Old Harbour and then head-out to Stanford.
- Run Route: The cycle route will end in Stanford, on the Village Green. The run route will consist of 3 loops – each one will turn back into the T2 (Village Green) festival area so that our athletes are always near (or in ear shot) of the festivities. The run route will be mostly off-road, along the village green and towards the nearby nature reserve
- Your club / training group has been added: Have you noticed that we have added your club / training group to our entry form? It is really a pleasure to open the entry system on a Monday and see the support from our local Triathlon clubs and training groups
- Registration and Entry Details: Should you have any queries about registration, logistics or entry details, please feel free to contact me. Alternatively, please visit the website
- Website: http://www.electricink.co.za/race-2-stanford/ or https://r2s2017.myactive.co.za/CaptureDetails/Registration.aspx