RedHub Cradel Triathlon/Duathlon X & Road
Redhub 2018 series for Triathletes:
Key points for the series:
Redhub will host the series at Cradle Moon Lodge as always, catering for Road Triathletes, Cross Triathletes and Duathletes. Both road and MTB Triathletes will have standard distances or Sprint distances, A total of 6 options on the day.
- The entry fee will be R25 higher for 2018, but this will include sanctioning fees for TSA.
- The event will be an official sanctioned event on the Central Gauteng Triathlon calendar.
- A point system will be in place to award points to the first 5 finishers in each category, and series trophies (and more) at the end of the season, for category achievers.
- Entry fees will be R375 for the longer distances and R275 for the sprint distances. This will include day licenses for athletes not registered with TSA.
- Triathlon is an Olympic Sport and sanctioning will elevate the status of the event, improve safety for the athletes, assist with the marshalling and time keeping and promote the sport in general.
- The event will remain, the family fun day out for the not so serious, an ideal format for the novice, but also an opportunity for the serious racers to test form, get into race shape for other events and achieve bragging rights by placing high in the results.
- Our aim is to maintain the event as the affordable, must do, fun event on the calendar. Cradle Moon Lodge is the ideal venue, with ample developing facilities, great natural beauty, plenty wild animals to see and much more as we develop the event.
- We do of course need sufficient participation to raise funds, develop the event into the premium event we envisage, so please share this information with your friends and family.
- Entries will be on spectrumsport.co.za . GLate entries on the day will cost an additional R50.
- Points system will be as follows: Athletes will score points for the 4 best race finishes during the series. 10 points for a category win, 7 points for second, 5 points for third, 3 points for fourth and a single point for fifth. By entering at least 4 of the 6 events during the year, athletes improve their chances for a higher overall finish. So if you enter only 3 or less events in the series you score less total points. If you enter all six events, your 4 best finishes will be used to calculate your total for the series.
- For the Redhub series, we will cater for categories as follows: Overall Men, Overall Ladies, Men and Ladies in age group 20-29 will automatically compete for Overall honours. (The Overall winners can of course come from a higher age group, Specific individual age group categories will be: Men/Ladies 30-39, 40-49 and 50+. Junior category will be available in the sprint and Cross Light events only.
- See the following table for series dates and event format for the year.
- Start times on 7 January. Standard times for Road Triathlon, Cross Triathlon and Duathlon 7:00 am. Sprint Triathlon and Cross Light TRI at 7:30.
- Race briefing will be at 6:40 am.
- Registration on the morning at the venue will be from 5:30am.
- Race rules will be in accordance with TSA published rules for NON DRAFTING races.
|REDHUB EVENTS 2018|
|SWIM OR RUN||1500M||750M||1500M||750M||4KM RUN||4KM RUN|
DATE: 7 JANUARY 2018
VENUE: CRADLE MOON GAME LODGE